Upgrading Your Jeep Cherokee Shifter Bezel: A Step-by-Step Guide
Welcome to our step-by-step guide on upgrading your Jeep Cherokee shifter bezel! If you’re looking to improve the appearance and functionality of your vehicle, upgrading the shifter bezel is a great place to start. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of removing and replacing your old shifter bezel with a new one, so you can enjoy a sleeker, more stylish look for your Jeep Cherokee.
Before beginning the upgrade process, it is important to prepare yourself with the necessary tools and equipment. This includes a Phillips head screwdriver, a flathead screwdriver, a pair of pliers, and a torque wrench. Additionally, inspect the current shifter bezel for any signs of damage or wear. If there is significant damage or wear, it may be best to replace the entire shifter assembly rather than just the bezel. It is also recommended to take pictures of the current shifter bezel before starting the upgrade process, as this will serve as a reference in case any issues arise during the installation. By taking the time to properly prepare, you can ensure a smooth and successful upgrade.
To remove the old shifter bezel from your Jeep Cherokee, follow these steps:
1. Locate the screws that hold the shifter bezel in place. These screws are usually hidden underneath the bezel and may require a screwdriver to access them.
2. Once you have located the screws, use a screwdriver to loosen them and remove them from their sockets. Be careful not to strip the screws or damage the surrounding areas.
3. Next, carefully pry the old shifter bezel away from the dashboard using a plastic pry tool or a similar device. This may require some force, but be gentle to avoid damaging the dashboard.
4. Once the old shifter bezel is removed, dispose of it properly and set aside the new one that you will be installing.
5. Before proceeding with the installation of the new shifter bezel, inspect the area where the old one was removed to ensure that there is no damage to the dashboard or any other components. If any damage is found, repair it before continuing with the installation.
A. Attaching the new shifter bezel
1. Start by carefully aligning the new shifter bezel with the existing holes in the dashboard.
2. Use the appropriate screws to attach the new shifter bezel to the dashboard, ensuring that it is securely fastened.
3. Once the new shifter bezel is in place, use a spirit level to ensure that it is perfectly horizontal.
4. If necessary, adjust the position of the new shifter bezel using the mounting screws until it is perfectly centered.
5. Repeat this process for any additional screws that may be needed to hold the new shifter bezel in place.
B. Securing the new shifter bezel plate
1. After attaching the new shifter bezel, attach the new shifter bezel plate to the underside of the dashboard.
2. Use the appropriate screws to secure the new shifter bezel plate to the dashboard, making sure that it is firmly attached.
3. Again, use a spirit level to ensure that the new shifter bezel plate is perfectly horizontal.
4. Adjust the position of the new shifter bezel plate as necessary until it is perfectly centered.
5. Repeat this process for any additional screws that may be needed to hold the new shifter bezel plate in place.
V. Finishing Touches
A. Cleaning up the area: After completing the installation of the new shifter bezel, it’s important to clean up the area around the shifter and dashboard. This includes removing any debris or dust that may have been created during the installation process. Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe away any excess debris, and then use a cleaner specifically designed for plastic surfaces to thoroughly clean the area.
B. Applying a protective coating to the new shifter bezel: To further protect the new shifter bezel from scratches and other forms of damage, consider applying a protective coating such as car wax or a specialized automotive protectant. This will not only keep the bezel looking like new, but will also provide an extra layer of protection against the elements. When applying the protective coating, be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully to ensure the best results.
In conclusion, upgrading your Jeep Cherokee shifter bezel can provide numerous benefits such as improved appearance, enhanced functionality, and increased durability. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily complete the upgrade process with confidence. Remember to take your time and ensure proper safety measures are in place during the removal and installation of the shifter bezel. With the right tools and equipment, as well as a little elbow grease, you can transform the look and feel of your Jeep Cherokee. So why wait? Get started on your shifter bezel upgrade today!
- Freshen Up Your Ride: Affordable Subscription Plans for Car Odor Elimination - December 4, 2023
- Revitalize Your Ride: Hassle-Free Freshness with Car Odor Eliminator Subscription Services - December 3, 2023
- Revitalize Your Ride with Customized Freshness: Personalized Car Odor Eliminator Subscriptions - December 2, 2023