What’s the Gas Mileage on a 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty?
The 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty is a powerful vehicle with impressive capabilities, making it a popular choice among truck enthusiasts. In this article, we will explore the fuel efficiency of this model, including its body style options, engine choices, and factors that can affect its gas mileage. Whether you’re considering purchasing a 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty or simply curious about its performance, read on to learn more.
2. Body Style Options
The 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty offers a variety of body styles to suit different needs and preferences. The available body styles include:
1. Crew Cab: This body style features four full-size doors and seating for up to six passengers. It also has a larger cargo area compared to other body styles.
2. SuperCab: This body style has two full-size doors and seating for up to three passengers. It also has a smaller cargo area compared to the Crew Cab.
3. Regular Cab: This body style has two full-size doors and seating for up to two passengers. It also has a smaller cargo area compared to the SuperCab and Crew Cab.
Each body style is available with different trim levels, so customers can choose the level of luxury and features they desire. Additionally, the 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty offers a range of bed lengths to accommodate different hauling and towing needs.
3. Engine Options
The 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty offers several powerful engine options to choose from, each designed to provide exceptional performance and capability. The base engine is a 6.2L V8, which produces 385 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque. For those who need even more power, there is also a 6.7L Power Stroke V8 turbo diesel engine, which generates 440 horsepower and an impressive 925 lb-ft of torque. Both engines are paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, ensuring smooth shifting and optimal performance. Additionally, the F-250 Super Duty offers an optional 7.3L V8 gasoline engine, which delivers 270 horsepower and 440 lb-ft of torque. With so many powerful engine options available, the 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty is sure to meet the needs of any heavy-duty driver.
4. Fuel Economy Ratings
The 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty has a variety of engine options, each with its own fuel economy rating. The most efficient engine option is the 6.2L V8 engine with a fuel economy rating of 15 miles per gallon (mpg) in the city and 21 mpg on the highway. This engine produces 385 horsepower and 405 pound-feet of torque.
Other engine options include the 6.7L Power Stroke V8 turbo diesel engine, which produces 440 horsepower and 925 pound-feet of torque, and gets an estimated 22 mpg on the highway. Additionally, there is a 5.0L V8 engine that produces 385 horsepower and 387 pound-feet of torque, with a fuel economy rating of 15 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway.
It’s important to note that the actual fuel economy may vary depending on driving conditions, terrain, and other factors. It’s always a good idea to check the fuel economy of a particular model year and trim level before making a purchase.
5. Factors Affecting Gas Mileage
When it comes to the fuel efficiency of a vehicle like the 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty, there are several factors that can impact its gas mileage. Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind:
1. Weight: The weight of the vehicle itself can have a significant impact on its fuel efficiency. The heavier the vehicle, the more fuel it will consume. Therefore, it’s essential to maintain a reasonable weight when driving the 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty.
2. Driving Style: The way you drive can also affect the gas mileage of your truck. Aggressive driving habits such as rapid acceleration, hard braking, and frequent gear shifting can reduce fuel efficiency. On the other hand, a smooth and consistent driving style can improve gas mileage.
3. Altitude: Elevation can also play a role in determining the fuel efficiency of your truck. At higher altitudes, air is less dense, which can make it harder for the engine to generate power. As a result, the engine may work harder and consume more fuel.
4. Vehicle Maintenance: Proper maintenance of your vehicle is crucial for optimal fuel efficiency. Regular oil changes, tune-ups, and timely repairs can ensure that your truck runs smoothly and efficiently, thereby improving its gas mileage.
5. Tire Pressure: Proper tire pressure is essential for maximizing fuel efficiency. Underinflated or overinflated tires can increase friction, leading to reduced fuel efficiency. It’s recommended to check tire pressure regularly and maintain the manufacturer’s recommended level.
6. Cargo Load: The weight of the cargo you carry in your truck can also impact its fuel efficiency. Adding too much weight to the truck can reduce its overall fuel efficiency, so it’s essential to distribute the load evenly and avoid carrying unnecessary weight.
In conclusion, the 2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty offers a range of body styles, engine options, and fuel economy ratings. It’s important to consider these factors when determining the gas mileage of this vehicle. The specific fuel economy rating will depend on various factors such as driving habits and terrain. By being aware of these factors, drivers can make informed decisions about their vehicle purchases and optimize their fuel efficiency.
- Say Goodbye to Lingering Car Odors with Monthly Odor Control Subscription Services - December 1, 2023
- Revive Your Service Vehicle: Top Car Odor Eliminators for Freshness on the Go - November 30, 2023
- Freshening Up the Long-Haul: Effective Odor Control for Trucking Cabs - November 29, 2023